- Be just a little bit longer than you need
- Be the right length for the shoes or boots that you plan to wear them with
- Not wrinkle or fold excessively, which would indicate a problem area where they are too tight.
- The zipper, or buttoned fly, should lie flat
- You should be able to sit down or crouch in them comfortably, without your rear end peeking out.
- Low risers don’t necessarily have to expose your rear. If they do, you need a higher cut in the back or that pair is too small. Another brand may offer what you need.
- Your waist button should snap easily (without having to lie down)
- The pockets should also lie flat. If they don’t, they may not be the right cut for your body type.
Pull them up as high as they go, then crouch in them. How do they feel when you walk around? They should be snug but comfortable. This is how you should feel all day long. After all, what makes jeans so fabulous is their ability to let us look and feel great without sacrificing comfort.