On raw or de-seized denims.
This is a very interesting and unique effect and can be produced on any area of garment. As you can see in picture, this is spider web like lines that when designed are in white color, but you can use dyes to give them different shades to create more and more verity in garment.
Method is quite different from other applications of garment designing. If you are using a raw of dark shade denim jeans then you must use Sodium Hypochlorite 14-15% or Potassium per magnate 5-10 %. You can use different color dye solutions instead of oxidizing agents if you are applying it on light shade jeans.
Main points to follow are
- Prepare garment for application, make it Desize or stone wash to any shade form dark to light.
- Here we apply a special product, available with different brand names, it is polymer that can be melted at low temperature and got hard at normal temperature.
- hot press the area to be treated, this will help keeping design in good shape.
- product melted and applied with a brush on a definite area will become stiff by cooling and can be then cracked by hand.
- product usually melts at 60-65°C and must be applied at this temperature.
- At a too high temperature the product penetrates too much through the material’s
- Delimitate the area with Masking tape, apply the molten product.
- Once the wax has hardened, crack it by hand.
- Apply with a paint-brush:
- Sodium Hypochlorite 14-15%
- Wait 30-60 minutes for reaction.
- Neutralize in bath with:
- Removed product at 70 – 80°C for 30 minutes with remover coupled with product.
- Hard water is recommended.
- Soften as regular softening process.
- if possible, hot press the area to be treated, this will help keep